<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Hope you still remember me...
Moderators: Old Fart, Tag, clocinnorcal, McLovin
Author Post
L1ghtF00t
Tue Dec 08 2015, 07:26pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #587
So it's been a very long time since I decided to take a break from Lg.C. A lot of you are probably wondering why and that would be because of some life changing events. Firstly, I dropped out of college because I couldnt find my calling, and in a failure of attempting many different courses to find what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, I dropped out. Shortly after dropping out of college, I moved out of my dad's house and paid rent to some guy I found on craigslist in a trailer park in a nearby city. It was cheap and got the job done.
I got a job at Dairy Queen as a night shift cook, which I hated, but it was something... A month later, I was coming back to Kentucky from visiting my girlfriend in Ohio and, after falling asleep at the wheel from not sleeping the night before, found myself laying upside-down unconscious in ,y car that rolled over and being woken up by a stranger that stopped to help. In that "oh shit" moment when I awoke in a pool of my own blood, all I could think about was my girlfriend and how her life would be without me. The stranger had already called the ambulance which just happened to be on the same road that I was on and got there very quickly. Unable to retrieve me from the vehicle they waited for the firefighters to arrive, who cut the door off with the jaws of life and pulled me from the wreckage. A helicopter was already on the way and by the time they pulled me out, I was placed into the chopper and airlifted to UK hospital.
The doctor informed me of several medical terms about my condition, but basically it all meant that my neck had multiple fractures, I had a partially collapsed lung that had torn itself away from the chest wall, my head has a 4 inch gash on the top of it that required many sutures and 13 staples to close up, the top of my head also was full of pieces of shattered glass that I spent many days picking out, and the entire inside of my right arm was one solid bruise. The doctor told me that all of this would heal, but I could either let my neck heal naturally or they could do surgery to repair it, but because the surgery would have reduced my range of motion, I opted to let it heal naturally since it would be better for the long run.
After getting out of the temporary neck braces and into the permanent halo neck brace that was screwed onto my skull in order to support my neck as it healed, I was finally able to leave and moved in with my sister, but was pretty much confined to a recliner and my laptop. Needless to say I didn't go back to my job.
After 3 months of healing, and a full recovery, the brace came off, making me a very lucky guy. After that I got a job at Walmart as a receiving associate (truck unloader) and a month later when I went to visit my girlfriend, she begged me to stay up there with her. I tried to resist it but after visiting and leaving so many times and each time being harder I just couldnt do it anymore. So I stayed up there for 2-3 months and then moved, with her, to her mom's house in Kentucky for the next 3 months, and then had to move back home to my sister's house, where I got the 2 jobs I have now. One is Uber (it's like a Taxi service, but you use your own vehicle) that I do mostly on weekends for extra cash and the other is Xerox where I take calls for Metlife Tricare Dental. I've been doing both of these jobs for nearly 3 months and love them.
Last Saturday I got my new apartment and moved in and just yesterday morning got my own internet paid for and hooked up, and now I'm ready to get back into the fight, though I may be a little rusty since I havent played any FPS games in over a year lol. It's good to be back.
clocinnorcal
Tue Dec 08 2015, 10:52pm
Admin

Registered Member #104
Hey bro. Glad to hear you are okay. Keep on keepin on! Jump in TS when you get a chance.
G8R
Wed Dec 09 2015, 08:49am
Admin
Registered Member #111
Crazy! Well pick up Battlefront its pretty good
L1ghtF00t
Wed Dec 09 2015, 05:04pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #587
Yea, I would but I'm trying to save up money because I have a baby on the way that's about 19 weeks along. Still don't know the gender...won't for a little while longer, but we're really excited.

Also, does anyone have any ideas on the cheapest way to move from one state to another?
My girlfriend is in Ohio with some relatives, but I'm trying to get her down here in Kentucky, the cheapest option I've found so far is a Uhaul which costs nearly $600, based on the online uhaul estimator.
L1ghtF00t
Thu Dec 10 2015, 05:59pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #587
Also, I don't know where we are with in-game admins and such, but if positions are available let me know and i'll help out the best I can
garuda_one
Tue Jan 19 2016, 03:19am
Clan Member
Registered Member #623
Holy Crap man, lucky to still have you around. Life has a way of working itself out and steering us where we should be. Glad to hear you are back and let's game again. What are you guys all playing these days?
Miss-Foxy :)
Tue Jan 19 2016, 05:37pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #179
Welcome back!!! I just started coming back too I hope I get to come on and talk with you! I'm glad everything is getting better and you're doing well.
clocinnorcal
Wed Jan 20 2016, 06:54pm
Admin

Registered Member #104
I remember you Garuda. What's up brotato chip?
garuda_one
Wed Jan 20 2016, 10:30pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #623
LOL just got back from an overseas trip. Back at school. You cloc? Its been awhile, I understand you guys play alot of GTA5 now?
Farr1sabl3
Fri Jan 22 2016, 04:10pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #897
Damn, light, that's one hell of an epiphany, glad you're all right brother
L1ghtF00t
Thu Feb 11 2016, 07:04pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #587
hey guys, good news. got the girly moved in we decided to not use the uhaul and just loaded up my car with all her stuff and made two trips that way which was way cheaper. Not much going on, just enjoying life. Got a real bed and a couple computer desks last weekend from people on Craigslist. Thinking about looking for a better paying job pretty soon, especially with the baby on the way. I'm currently thinking about a toyota factory that pays nearly double what im making now, but we'll see. anything new with you guys?
derpbert
Thu Feb 11 2016, 10:56pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #631
Say werd.
insideTheFlux
Thu Oct 06 2016, 06:19pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #668
L1ghtF00t wrote ...

hey guys, good news. got the girly moved in we decided to not use the uhaul and just loaded up my car with all her stuff and made two trips that way which was way cheaper. Not much going on, just enjoying life. Got a real bed and a couple computer desks last weekend from people on Craigslist. Thinking about looking for a better paying job pretty soon, especially with the baby on the way. I'm currently thinking about a toyota factory that pays nearly double what im making now, but we'll see. anything new with you guys?

Welcome back!!

It's good that the healing process went well and congrats on the baby!

The big question is... have you found your destiny or mission in life?
ElPig
Sat Oct 15 2016, 09:28am
Clan Member
Registered Member #591
ffing nice to hear you are picking up energy! s

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF