Forums
Legend Gaming Clan :: Forums :: Public Forums :: Off Topic :: World News

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Media should be covering this more, two nuclear country at odds.?...
Moderators: Old Fart, Tag, clocinnorcal, McLovin
Author Post
ZeroPhucks
Fri Mar 28 2014, 12:59am
Clan Member
Registered Member #601
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/25/alaska-petition-secede-russia-going-strong-18k-sig/ This is after He shredded off the G8, now the G7 summit, and took Crimea with confidence and no fear. Couldn't this have been planed sense the fall of soviet union? Like why the heck did the Soviet union fall so easily over Iraq anyways? I never learned that in history class...
AcidbasS
Sat Mar 29 2014, 08:03pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #466
Ukrainian revolution and Russian invasion quasi-journalist here.
Russia has the capacity - and many military leaders, "former advisors", and experts in different countries have truly been confident in saying recently that there's a real chance that Russia may invade beyond Crimea, and even try to take back Alaska, because Russia: a)has the military for this, b)Putin may need to go all-in on this because his invasion of Crimea has really started to cripple the Russian economy and the favour of the world as well, and: c)He knows he can get away with doing some pretty bold shit.

However, I'm pretty sure Alaska won't happen, because screwing with a little piece of a little central European country that's not even in the EU is one thing, but screwing with one of the world's three most economically and militarily powerful forces (US, China, EU... Russia isn't even a close 4th) is a war that Putin would lose very quickly. Especially considering the US wants to exploit the north for oil.

[ Edited Sat Mar 29 2014, 08:03pm ]
ZeroPhucks
Sat Mar 29 2014, 08:42pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #601
I don't think the war is going to be with troops. That's not the only type of war(propaganda war, releasing more Snowden files, or even just making us look bad until the US is a world joke. I think he will continue to take small Countries, that wont fight back or even just ask to join, despite sanctions. Their ally Iran did well with the toughest sanctions possible. Iran still has our govt shaking in their pants that they may build a nuke. I may be a little to focused on this Russia conflict, but I truly think this will lead to something even bigger.
AcidbasS
Sat Mar 29 2014, 09:50pm
Clan Member
Registered Member #466
It's definitely huge when you take a step back on look at it, but when it comes to invading little countries to gain dominance, Putin has played a losing hand. There are few countries other than Belarus and Kazakhstan that it can invade without meeting full-out resistance from the EU and the US. The propaganda war in Russia is full-out as is, and has come to discredit Putin and his government in the world's eyes rather than make the US look like a joke. Just the opposite - Obama made a landmark speech the other day about Russia, Europe, and Ukraine, that made him once again stand out as a very serious and composed leader. The Snowden files help uncover the war crimes America committed in the Middle East, sort of showing that the US government are hypocrites. But after a little while of that propaganda, those who follow news even half assedly will find themselves agreeing that pointing fingers is not enough to justify continuing to actively invade another country on grounds far shakier than even the US invasion of Iraq.

As for Iran, I heard the US is beginning to butter them up as an energy partner, actually, since the West wants to wean off Russia's oil.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF